I'm Not Fancy


It's only fitting that I would wear one of the most amazing dresses I've ever owned while my hair is a mess. I mean I get lucky with already co-ordinated nails and find the perfect shoes to match, then sort of forget I haven't washed my hair in a couple of days and notice how obvious my roots are getting after I'm dressed...But it sort of suits my overall style. I'm drawn to more formal, elegant pieces but I feel slightly uncomfortable when I'm very polished. A messy ponytail becomes a metaphor for my unkempt room and even the random assortment of items that collects in the backseat of my car. But too fancy for me or not, I'll happily mark this down in the records as my favorite dress. There might be more basic pieces I'll always end up wearing, but to me this dress is where reality and fantasy collide and just looking at it makes me smile...
P.S. Aren't these Seychelles 30th anniversary special edition sandals the best?

Outfit details:
vintage purse
*pictures by Jon




CONVERSATION

Back
to top